Easy DIY Yogurt: EasiYo!

yogurt with fruits

My hubby and all three of our kids are yogurt lovers. Our entire family, except me. Somehow, I don’t fancy the sour taste of yogurt. And since I am no yogurt lover, I know nothing much about yogurt. I did not even know that yogurt can be DIY-ed.

Until I chanced upon the EasiYo Yogurt Maker.

EasiYo really lives up to its name. It is so easy to make a big jug of yogurt using this yogurt maker. In just 3 simple steps, you can have delicious home-made yogurt overnight!

All you need are water, EasiYo Yogurt Maker and EasiYo yogurt powder.

Easiyo yogurt maker

1. Half-fill the EasiYo jar with room temperature, drinking water. Empty one packet of EasiYo yogurt powder into the water. Stir or shake well until all the powder is dissolved. Fill with more drinking water until the top line indicated on the jar. Stir or shake well again.

DIY yogurt

2. Place the yogurt jar into the yogurt maker. Pour in hot, boiling water.

3. Close the lid of the yogurt maker. Leave it overnight or for 8 to 12 hours. Once the yogurt has set, leave the jar in the fridge for a few hours and you’ll have a jar of yummy, cold, home-made yogurt!

DIY yogurt overnight oats

Ever since I learnt how to make overnight oats, I fell in love with yogurt! And it is so easy to use my home-made yogurt for overnight oats. My hubby and I love these overnight oats which we consider a power-packed snack!

yogurt ingspirations

The kids love having their yogurt as it is, and sometimes with Nata De Coco or grapes added.

I would say this is one of my best kitchen investments.

More information on EasiYo Yogurt Maker can be found here.

16 thoughts on “Easy DIY Yogurt: EasiYo!

• Ing says:

Haha. I was totally not a fan of yogurt. But I fell in love with overnight oats mixed with yogurt and soy milk! The soy milk takes away the sour taste of the yogurt that I dislike. :)

• Ing says:

Hi Christy, yes it is really easy. Lives up to its name. You can get it from Phoon Huat. I think they’re the only local distributor of this brand of yogurt maker. It tastes the same as any store bought yogurt to me. I’m not a yogurt lover though. They sell a variety of flavours.

• Ing says:

Hi Eve, I don’t like the fermented sour taste of yogurt too. This taste the same as store bought brands, at least to me. But I’m not an “expert yogurt eater”, so I can’t taste the difference. As for freshness, home-made yogurt should be fresher than store-bought ones, as you can consume them the next day!

1. Rebecca says:

Hey Ing, I made my own yoghurt before just by buying powered probiotics live cultures and filling it up a jar with warm milk. But sometimes the yoghurt is not smooth. Where did you buy this from? How much does it cost?

Oh by the way, can u blog about your overnight oats? Hehe I love oats but my son has been starting to dislike the texture. Was wondering if overnight oats can revive his palette for it heheh

• Ing says:

Hi Rebecca, oh that’s a clever way of making yogurt! I got this from Phoon Huat. If I remember correctly, it cost about $30-ish when I bought it last year. Each packet of yogurt powder is about $6-7, quite pricy I feel. Each packet can make up to 1kg of yogurt.

Oh hehe, ok I will blog about the overnight oats the next time I make them. It’s really very easy. Just mix yogurt, soy milk or fresh milk, oats in a jar and keep them in the fridge overnight. Top with fruits or nuts the next day before eating. I’m quite addicted to it now! I love it with plenty of soy milk as I dislike the sour taste of yogurt.

2. caneaveshris says:

Got a trip to SIngapore this week and hoping to pick some up… we live in India for work, and the yoghurt here is horrible when it is available…. does every Phoon Huat shop stock the yoghurt. We normally have to get it from Dubai or Australia so hoping its still available for sale in Singpaore

• Ing says:

Hi, yes Phoon Huat is the sole distributor for this here, if I’m not mistaken. So I think they should carry it in all their stores. Unless it is out of stock.

Your Thoughts

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s