Ever since a dear friend taught me how to make overnight oats, I’ve been making them for my hubby and I. Both of us love it. The kids still prefer their normal yogurt though.
If you’re new to overnight oats, they are simply oats that have been left overnight to soak in whatever liquid you’ve put them in. You can use milk, yogurt, soy milk… in fact, any type of liquid you like.
Add the oats into the liquid, place them in the fridge overnight (or for a few hours) and you will have your overnight oats. The toppings are just as endless. Top it off with fruits, nuts, seeds…anything!
The best part of this is: NO COOKING IS REQUIRED!
This is how I prepare our overnight oats:
Soy milk (I like V-Soy, which is available in most supermarkets)
1. Scoop 2-3 tablespoons of rolled oats into a glass jar. Add 1 tablespoon of chia seeds.
2. Pour about 3-4 tablespoons of soy milk. Stir the mixture.
3. Add in yogurt up to 3/4 of the glass jar. Stir the mixture thoroughly.
(We like to use our DIY yogurt. If you prefer a thicker texture, use thick and creamy Greek style yogurt. It is also more sour. Add more soy milk if you prefer a sweeter taste.)
4. Place overnight in fridge.
5. Before eating, top with fruits and/or nuts. We like ours with grapes!
There you go, an easy recipe for making overnight oats. Great for busy parents with little ones who love yogurt!
Try it and let me know how it goes! 🙂